Self-esteem is the reflection of a person’s overall emotional evaluation of his or her own worth.It is a judgment of oneself as well as an attitude toward the self. Self-esteem encompasses beliefs and emotions such as triumph, despair, pride and shame.
Since your self-esteem affects almost every aspect of your life, I wanted to share with you a few tips on building or re-building your self-esteem in a healthy and productive manner.
- Self Esteem comes from accomplishments you have achieved that have meaning to you.
- Never give up your dreams to make others happy.
- You are the sum total of your choices. You can’t control what happens to you but you can control how you respond to what happens.
- Everyone has problems. Try to recognize the potential for growth in every situation.
- Someone else’s opinion of you is just that.
- You get treated in life the way you treat people to treat you.
- Set emotional boundaries that support you. You have the right to say “no”.
- You, and only you, are responsible for your life.
- Say positive, supportive, encouraging things to yourself.
- Your attitude determines how well you manage your challenges.
- The universe always says yes to what you believe.
- We form our future by the thoughts we think today.
- Know and accept your strengths and talents. Use them to grow into your full-potential, living a life with meaning and purpose.
- A high IQ, physical strength, beauty or achievements do not insure emotional health.
- It is healthy to love and nurture yourself before saying “yes” to others’ wishes or needs. It is important to balance giving and receiving.
- You are worthy of love and respect: it is not based upon what you do, but who you are.
- Self-Awareness is important to help you change and grow. You are always capable of learning new things.
- It empowers you to know your inner self. Your true self can direct your life, help you overcome negative conditioning and help you to live from a place of integrity, balance, and strength.
- When you love yourself, you are a mirror to help others love themselves.
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose. You feel purpose when you do what has meaning to you. Your passion about what you do is your gift. Purpose is connected to happiness.
- Success and happiness come from being connected to your authentic self and doing what is right for you – not doing what you think others expect from you.
- Worrying about your reputation is like saying others thoughts about you are more important than your own thoughts about you.
- Jealousy is putting your happiness in the hands of someone else. Self confident people don’t worry largely about jealousy because they know they are worthy of being loved.
- Having low self-esteem is a way of blocking love.
- Create your vision despite adversity.
- Try and make every interaction, an interaction of increase.
How Can I Help?
Rebuilding your self-esteem can take some time. In many cases, you do not realize the stressors in your life that may be adversely affecting your self-esteem. Together we can identify those topics in your life that need to be addressed to maintain a health sense of self worth.
Contact me at 713-823-4001 or fill out the form below. I welcome your call so we can discuss your specific situation and the benefits therapy may provide for you.