Experienced and Effective Marriage Counseling
Finding an expert marriage counselor is not to be taken lightly, but finding the right therapist dedicated to resolving conflict in your marriage is just a click away.
Click Here To Schedule Your Appointment Today – 713-524-9525
If you are experiencing one or more of the following right now, it is important to realize that change is possible, not matter how hopeless you may feel!
- Communications problems: Declined dialogue or none at all.
- Problems with intimacy: That spark seems to be missing.
- Feeling like roommates: The relationship seems to be convenient.
- Emotionally unavailable partner: Feeling distant and unattached.
- Sexless or unfufilling sex: Lack of passion or non-existent.
- Problems being together: It is difficult to spend time together without arguing.
- Feeling rejected: Unattentive and feeling like you are invisible.
Marriage Counseling May Help!
Are you looking for marriage counseling in Houston because you are concerned about your relationship? Worried that your marriage may not make it over the long term? Are you tired of arguing, bickering or worse – the silent treatment?
Perhaps you are struggling in your marriage. Maybe you have reached a place of being sick and tired of the same old arguments that repeat themselves over and over again.
The anger, resentment and dissatisfaction may have you thinking to yourself: “Is this really worth it?”
Try and you might, attempts to fix your relationship problems just don’t seem to be working. The criticism, blaming and apathy have reached a point where the both of you are completely exhausted, and don’t know where to turn.
And while there still may be love between you, it just doesn’t seem like it will be enough to make positive change.
If all all of this sounds familiar, you have come to the right place.
Marriage Counseling That’s Solution Focused
The marriage counseling that I offer is designed to address all of these issues and many, many more. Here is a quick review of just some of the areas we can tackle together in couples therapy:
- Finding new ways to avoid communications shut downs (shutting down).
- Preventing arguments from turning into full-blown, nasty fights.
- Learning new ways to make points during communications that do not “hit buttons”.
- Exploring ways to bring back sex into relationships that seem barren.
- Ending the cycle of emotional neediness.
- Stopping that terrible place of feeling like “we are just roommates”.
- Identifying and changing bad money habits that impact the both of you.
- Avoiding some of the top reasons for couples to break up
- Identifying ways of bringing fun and relaxation back into the relationship.
- Dispelling common marriage myths.
- Work through intimacy fears in relationships.
- Move past infidelity, cheating and affairs.
Why Choose Denise O’Doherty?
I am a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, and a registered nurse with over three decades of marriage counseling and relationship therapy experience.
- Provide counseling to individuals, couples, and families of varying age, gender, race and sexual orientations.
- Available for phone or Skype consultations / psychotherapy for those out-of-town or at a distance.
- Denise has been a regular speaker at various professional conferences including: Gender Infinity, Houston Association of Marriage & Family Therapists, Spectrum Alcohol & Recovery, and more.
- Her office is easily accessible & centrally located on Eastside Street near the 59 Freeway.
Marriage Counseling Expert – Denise O’Doherty
Personal Boundaries & Effective Confrontation Workbook